Monday 18 June 2007

Period decor

I am busy decorating my hall. This is not a weekends work - I actually started it over two years ago but I am almost finished. When complete I will post some before and after pictures. I have been trying to create an 1880s Victorian feel by using good quality traditional materials and techniques of the period while avoiding over 'Victorianising' it or creating a museum piece.

What I will have created is something that fits the house and will not go out of fashion! In thirty years time the room will still look right - I will never have to decorate the hall again! If I had gone for a contemporary look then we would end up redecorating it again in a few years time!

So there is my tip. If you have an old house and decorate for the correct period it will not go out of fashion and you never need to decorate that room again!

1 comment:

robinhood21067 said...

I would love to send some pics of my project in southwestern new york.It is a Victorian Queen Anne.